Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
Signify has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. Today's business is supplying LED solutions for growers. With LED solutions, growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, which is the fundament for our 'light recipe approach'. LED solutions are potentially sold all over the world for example to research institutions and growers of young plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers.
This role is part of the European Sales Team. For this specific position the objective is to keep the leading position of Signify in Horticulture.
In this position, you contribute to the success of Signify Horticulture LED Solutions by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting solution for plant growing practices, mainly for vegetable crops, but also floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, and with focus on UK and Ireland.
Together we can...
- You are responsible for understanding the needs of the growers and translating these needs to a customized offer, including business-case / TCO calculations.
- To the internal Horticulture team you are the voice of the customer and you will coordinate all activities related to your customers, especially building and developing the use of LED.
- Realize the sales process from the initial request to closing the deal.
- Maintain customer profile data/status and expectations.
- Manage / train Partners to develop the market.
• Build relationships with knowledgeable Partners and key-influencers.
• Represent Signify Lighting Horticultural LED Solutions-business at trade fairs and other events.
New trends and innovation
• Keep up to date with developments and interests in the lighting-market but also on general developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, online newsletters, trade fairs, participating in projects with other companies / Partners etc.
• Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
- Bachelors or Master's degree (preferably in Horticulture).
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the (related) greenhouse production market or consultancy
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Knowledge of lighting is an advantage.
- Committed, result driven, no nonsense & to-the-point mentality.
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel (approximately 50% of your time)
- Good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active.
- You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable of working in a very autonomous way.
Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Signify career site.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round.