Key Account Manager- Horticulture- Western Canada
**This is a remote work from home role that may be seated in British Columbia or Alberta.
As a member of a Signify Sales team, you are right at the heart of our business. The Sales function is fundamental to driving growth. You understand the next-generation users' wishes. You work in cross-functional teams to see those wishes become reality. You work closely with colleagues from R&D, Product Development and Production. You bring it all together and help us launch new products and services. You translate our customers' dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager who will be part of the Horticulture Segment team. Your focus will be on developing new business: establish direct contact to growers and their partners and building and maintaining a network of complementary partners. The geographical scope is Western Canada. Customer segments are research institutes, universities and greenhouses for young plants, ornamentals, food crops and high wire vegetables, and tissue culture.
Philips Lighting a brand of Signify, has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. LED technology applied in horticulture brings new opportunities: now growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, thus improving yield and saving energy. Together with growers, partners and universities Philips Horticulture Lighting develops solutions for best business results.
As a Key Account Manager, you'll....
- Build up a network of Horticulture decision makers, influencers and partners leading to sales. In this role you excel in customer satisfaction. You make this happen by a pro-active attitude.
- Fulfill a central position between decision makers and your North American team, in context with the Global Horticulture Team and initiatives. You work closely in a collaborative manner with team Plant Specialists and Application Engineers under the guidance of the Director. You are a team player able to leverage each member's strengths to achieve excellent business results.
- Be responsible for facilitating co-creation with growers, by initiating field tests and commercial follow up for implementation of the results. Thus, you develop the new category of tailored growth light solutions enabled by LED technology. You are eager to build new business and entrepreneurial to make things happen.
- Be regionally responsible for operational product management, as you are involved with the team in managing oversight of the local process of product/customer creation, pricing uploads and supply chain as well as local MarCom support for the designated region.
- Act as an ambassador for the Philips Horticulture approach, creating awareness and generating leads by representing Signify in tradeshows, events and conferences.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of horticulture production, especially floriculture, in a climate-controlled growing environment. This allows you to technically connect the aspects of growing with the benefits that our technology provides to the betterment of the end-user grower.
- Be the first contact person for designated customers and you are the intermediary between the customer and the Horticulture segment team. Your key tasks consist of:
· Owning the Client relationship responsibility. The Key Account Manager is the face to the customer and coordinates internally the activities towards the respective customers
· Building up the customer / partner network for LED's for Horticulture. Responsible for keeping the account profile up-to-date as well as the account planning (forecasting and order-portfolio)
· Acquisition of new customers
· Independently make and pursue offers based on total cost of ownership calculations
· Supporting the team with marketing intelligence and exploration of new customers
· Fulfilling a local coordinating role on operational product management and Marcom support
· Taking the lead in representing Philips Horticulture activities in internal and external communication (tradeshows, team meetings, conferences, events, etc), and reporting on this
· Initiating and coordinating technical trials at a Research and Commercial level in conjunction with the other North American team members
· A bachelor's degree holder in Horticulture, Plant Science, or related discipline.
· Experienced in 7+ years in horticulture, preferably in sales/customer relations management in the controlled growing environment sectors.
· In-depth technical growing knowledge of the climate-controlled growing environment food crop and floriculture industry, as well as the climate-controlled vegetable industry.
· Experienced in developing business with customers with an above average skill set in sales relations.
· History of managing sales from a remote /distance environment
· Customer focused while still maintaining the Company initiatives
· Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills - both internal and external
· A team player with a positive attitude and eager to achieve excellent business results.
· Reliable, work independently, punctual, structured, and looking for a longer-term position.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets, functional databases, CRM, enterprise wide software applications, and Microsoft Office suite
· Organized with strong time management, analytical, creative, and negotiating skills
· Drafting, editing and proofreading documents, excellent writing skills are needed for this position.
· Able to manage multiple projects to completion and within deadlines.
· Experienced in data gathering, market research, and compilation into concise and presentable formats
· High problem-solving ability, consultative selling and capable to develop complex business cases and bring them to conclusion
· Experienced in setting up product trials and working with researchers
· Strong ability & experience in creating PowerPoints matched with excellent presentation skills
· Capable to work in new business venture environment
· High level of initiative with the ability to self-motivate.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize.
· Experienced working in a distance-team environment
· Good English skills in reading, writing and speaking
· French and / or Spanish speaking is a plus
· Willingness to travel ≥ 50
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, and we light up the world! Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We're committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada and travel within North America, without any additional sponsorship support from Signify.