The Specialty Pharmacy Oncology Sales Specialist leverages targeted geographic analysis, engages with Physician offices to influence physicians to route patients' prescriptions to Humana Pharmacy for fulfillment. They work on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Specialty Pharmacy Oncology Sales Specialist focuses on increasing orders to Humana Pharmacy, resulting in increased prescriptions and revenues.
The Humana Specialty Pharmacy Oncology team is committed to improving the lives of patients with cancer. As we continue to grow and define the Oncology market of the future, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in a team environment and are driven to succeed!
The Specialty Pharmacy Oncology Sales Specialist is a key member of our customer facing organization and is responsible for partnering with customers to address identified needs, educating key stakeholders and communicating our vision to the larger Oncology community. The oncology Sales Specialist will leverage targeted geographic analysis to influence physicians and staff to route patients and their oncology specialty drug prescriptions to Humana Specialty pharmacy for fulfillment.
This territory covers select counties in southern NY state, New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA. You must reside within the territory.
Overnight Travel: Approximately 75%; Travel, percentage can vary based on candidate's location within the geography
- He/ She will spend time building relationships with the entire Oncology practice to provide staff education and information on options for patient use of Specialty Pharmacy medications through HSP.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how to create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of products and how to contrast, compare, and position our company's services versus competition.
- Act as primary point of contact for POC and office. Meet with key personnel to understand practice structure, business model, and key influencers.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex account inter-dependencies in order to develop both short- and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with provider to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Work closely with your RBM on goals and action plan for territory
- He / She will manage key accounts so as to extend existing long-term business opportunities, and to cement customer loyalty as well as securing new business relationships with Humana and Non Humana providers. The Oncology Specialist will act as a liaison between the providers and pharmacy to effectively meet the needs of the members, partner with staff to proactively identify and resolve complex issues, and meet defined measurable success criteria to monitor individual progress toward departmental sales goals.
- Have a strong understanding of the competitive environment, including Humana's marketplace, industry, competition and regulatory environment, as well as understanding of how the components of Humana's business model (i.e. strategy, finances, operations) interrelate to make Humana competitive in the marketplace. Understanding of how the value we create for our customers, consumers and key stakeholders aligns with Humana's vision, business, culture, value proposition, brand promise and strategic imperatives.
Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions.
Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
Customer Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience within healthcare or equivalent experience in sales
- Minimum (3) years pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing or Health Science industry, or direct Medical/Clinical experience in an oncology setting
- Documented history of strong performance in a sales/marketing or Oncology clinical role
- This role is part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver's license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of business dynamics
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partnering business segments
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Oncology sales experience with a therapeutic agent
- Clinical oncology experience across multiple solid tumors
- Specialty Pharmacy operations experience
- Managed Care Experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish--ability to read, write and speak both languages fluently
Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana's secure website.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Modern Hire Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Modern Hire Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information for you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence inviting you to participate in a Modern Hire voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 minutes.
Scheduled Weekly Hours