CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The Video Technology Group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News, CNET, GameSpot.com, and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
The Video Processing team is a team working within the central Video Technology Group that oversees video processing and publishing workflows. It focuses on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand and live streaming workflows as well as integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The group works across the video ecosystem to enable all CBSi business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about building publishing workflows and Content Management Systems. You will be working with engineers to build and release products and front-end integrations for various content management systems. You will be contributing to the design and implementation of components that will guarantee video processing quality at rapid speeds as we cover the CBSi Business Units requirements for on-demand and live streaming workflows.
- Work with business units on integrations between our platforms and their content management systems
- Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and code coverage
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the Video Processing team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
- Build, maintain and take the leadership on our standalone live streaming CMS and implement UI widgets for the latest features
- Assist in designing and implementing a new real-time dashboard for our VoD processing platform
- Work with teams on enhancing and extending our partner integrations with brands like GameSpot, GiantBomb, CBS Sports, CBS TV Distribution, CNET, CBS Entertainment and others.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 4+ years of frontend engineering experience with an understanding of UI/UX patterns
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symphony, Drupal
- Experience creating automated tests (unit, integration, functional)
- Ability to quickly prototype and contribute to UX/UI designs
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Suite, Photoshop etc.
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with technical writing and design documentation
- Have a sense of humor, humility, and curiosity
You might also have -
- Experience with open-source
- Patches or code publicly available
- Passion for UX/UI and software design
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled