You are a smart, hardworking technologist who dreams of ways to use technology to make life better. You are tired of being a cog in someone else’s wheel and are ready to build something amazing from the ground up. You love the responsibility of working with members of business and technology teams to ensure customer needs are met. You are an experienced developer and architect, and you have a track record of ensuring the technology strategy supports the business strategy.
Your breadth of experience spans the full software stack, including Mobile, and you constantly invest in learning new technology and languages. You are able to make technology decisions that ensure the details of “this release” are met while keeping in mind the strategic vision for the longer-term roadmap. You are flexible, used to a fast-paces environment, and are comfortable with the unknown and working with your customers to define solutions that meet their needs for today and tomorrow. You first work to understand why something is needed, then you work to develop options that come as close as possible to meet those needs.
You mentor those around you to help them achieve their goals and the goals for your company. You empower your team to take risks and make decisions while providing a framework for what success looks like. You develop strong technologist into leaders on the team.
If this describes you, we want to talk! Sophity is an early stage start-up company that is transforming the way Customer Success and Professional Services Executives build, manage, and grow their businesses by automating the way mission critical business data is captured and analyzed. We are currently bootstrapped, but are actively looking for seed funding. We’d love you to join our team as co-founder, for a meaningful equity stake, and help us drive our mission of giving the gift of confidence, command, and control back to services leaders.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Architect/Technical Co-Founder to help drive the technical vision for our business, write great code, and manage a small but growing team of remote and offshore software developers.
We are looking for hard working, eager team members who can help us become an amazing company. The responsibilities for the position include:
- • Work closely with other members of the senior leadership team to drive product direction
- • Set the technical vision and connect the customer pain to the roadmap and specific technical actions required to meet market needs
- • Design a scalable technical architecture that allows us to build software in an agile methodology while also limiting future technical debt wherever possible
- • Innovate on new ways to solve old problems and new ways to solve problems not yet being solved in the market
- • Hire, manage, and mentor members of the technical development and support team, including contract and offshore resources
- • Roll up your sleeves and write code to move the product roadmap forward
- • Be a good teammate. Support your peers and subordinate’s in developing a culture that likes to win, have fun, and values mutual success.
The ideal candidate will:
- • Have experience with the full technology stack, including mobile app development
- • Experience with machine learning and predictive analytics is a ideal – interest is a must
- • Experience hiring/managing remote teams
- • Experience at previous start-ups with a clear understanding of both the benefits and challenges of working in an early-stage startup environment
- • Be a seasoned java developer with experience using frameworks such as Angular and Bootstrap
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please contact email@example.com.