As a Features Engineer on the Insight team, you will collaborate with firmware and full-stack engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. As part of an agile, fast paced team, you will work on our containerized firmware and backend systems, building tools to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
The Meraki Insight team is building the next generation of network analytics products. We offer customers unique visibility into their IT infrastructure. Our engineers excel at manipulating complex data sets into clear visualizations and utilizing Machine Learning and AI techniques to facilitate better outcomes. We are passionate about building products our customers love.Example projects of a Features Engineer, Insight:
- Collaborate with firmware engineers to design and implement a system for monitoring and analyzing the performance of VoIP traffic
- Optimize customer network performance by enhancing our SD-WAN system
- Build data pipelines that can handle connections from millions of customer devices
- Improve our firmware delivery system to increase deployment frequency
- Know your way around languages like Go, Java, or C++
- Have experience working on scalability problems or embedded environments
- Can deftly work beyond the boundary of single languages or technologies
- Are comfortable with Linux fundamentals
- Would flourish on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Understanding of common protocols in OSI layers 3 through 7 (IPv4/6, TCP/UDP, SIP, DNS, HTTP, TLS)
- Experience or interest in working with machine learning or AI models
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.