Highland Math's goal is to bring intelligence to the data ecosystem. We index the world's data transactions, helping buyers and sellers of data better understand the value and performance of data assets and make smarter business decisions.
We’re a small, fast-growing company with a focus on data science. Our data science team is the backbone of our organization, helping power rich insights for clients by applying forward-thinking algorithms to unique, differentiated data sets. Contact us to apply.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Highland Math, you will take on the following challenges:
- Dissect complex client business needs and translate them into actionable solutions
- Explore vast, disparate data sets to find key insights and novel applications of data
- Develop cutting edge quantitative programs backed by machine learning and statistics
- Use distributed computing to ingest and analyze large amounts of data across many sources
- Visualize and communicate key insights to clients (including non-technical audiences)
- Contribute thought leadership to the data science community
Are you the ideal candidate?
- You have a degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, data science, computer science, or engineering
- You love working with data sets of all sizes and structures, and are fluent in manipulating them
- Experience with common machine learning algorithms and statistical concepts
- At least 2 years of work experience with Python, SQL, and AWS
- Desire to join a startup and make a massive impact on the world
- Ability to thrive in an ambitious yet often ambiguous environment
- Eager to learn new skills and continue to grow as a data scientist
- Experience using Hadoop ecosystem to do distributed computing on the cloud
- Working knowledge of advanced machine learning algorithms
- Ability to apply best practices in big data ETL
- Fluency with linux command line