VentureWell is on a mission to cultivate a pipeline of inventors, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven to solve the world’s biggest challenges and to create lasting impact. We foster collaboration among the best minds from research labs, classrooms, and beyond to advance innovation and entrepreneurship education and to provide unique opportunities for STEM students and researchers to fully realize their potential to improve the world.
Over the past 20+ years, we’ve trained more than 2,000 early-stage innovation teams and helped launch over 850 ventures that have raised close to $1billion in public and private investments. These venture have reached millions of people in over 50 countries with technological advancements in fields such as biotechnology, healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings.
We fund and train student inventors and entrepreneurs who want to address important problems in the world through new technology-based ventures. Our E-Team Program provides funding, immersive workshops, and specialized coaching to student STEM innovators to help them move their inventions into the marketplace, and culminates in an investor-readiness and due diligence workshop.
PROGRAM OFFICER - Venture Development
This opportunity will enable you to leverage your knowledge of the startup development and venture capital investment process while also contributing to the development and growth of our pipeline, network, and successful startups. Strong candidates aim to be leaders in the world of technology-focused social enterprise and impact investing.
- -Cultivates a pipeline of startups and student innovators into and through VentureWell’s early stage innovator training programs
- -Contributes to the design and delivery of all training activities for workshops and webinars; serves as primary facilitator for all E-team workshops
- -Serves as primary point of contact for program participants and prospective applicants
- -Works in conjunction with the program team and the marketing department to aid participant recruitment efforts
- -Identifies, recruits, and cultivates panelists, speakers, and mentors
- -Supports investment process including management of pipeline, due diligence efforts, and the selection of companies for investment from VentureWell
- -Supports VentureWell’s ongoing investor network development including the curation of information about investment opportunities
- -Manages logistical coordination and planning of workshops in collaboration with other departments at VentureWell (events, evaluation, marketing, grants)
- -Drafts reports for funders and proposal content, including supporting the storage and verification of key outcome data
- -Represents VentureWell occasionally at conferences or in new business development activity
- -Other administrative, logistical, and programmatic work as necessary to enable excellent program delivery
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
- -BS/BA required; MBA a plus
- -5+ years related experience in an entrepreneurial company or an entrepreneur support organization; familiarity with startup development process and startup capital and knowledge of best practices in venture development and entrepreneurial training
- -Experience training or teaching with demonstrable, engaging and effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- -Experience using and/or teaching lean launchpad concepts, business model canvas and other innovation commercialization concepts a plus.
- -Highly proficient in the use of MS Office and a high degree of digital fluency using cloud-based office tools such as GSuite, CRMs (such as Salesforce), team collaboration tools (such as Trello), and other web-based applications; ability to incorporate these tools into day to day work
- -Project Management skills and familiarity with project and data management tools
- -Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate and synthesize information in a compelling and organized manner
- -Ability to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
- -Track record of and ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships; strong team player who enjoys “customer service”
- -Self-starter with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- -Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity