The Program Account Manager is a Boston-based position. The manager will oversee key accounts and coordinate key initiatives for the accelerator. The position will be responsible for the delivery and execution of the overall accelerator program in addition to customized activities including industry-focused tracks, boot camps and other programmatic special initiatives and account engagements. The manager will report to the Program Director and will work closely with other members of the Program Team to deliver a successful accelerator program for all key stakeholder groups. This is an exciting time to join our team as we're growing and bringing in new perspectives to help continue to accelerate startups in Boston.
What You’ll Do:
Program Account Management:
- Manage university, law firm, and other program-related accounts & manage and oversee logistics related to these accounts.
- Manage and negotiate in-kind and service provider sponsorships for MC Boston accelerator program.
- Create a culture of high service, high support, and high expectations in working with partners.
- Provide program related support to corporate engagements and activities, such as event and tour support, and other initiatives as needed.
- Integrate processes, communication, and workflow with Partnership Success team to ensure consistent and high-quality account delivery.
Program Operations & Delivery:
- Support accelerator program delivery in addition to the execution of customized activities including boot camps, specialized industry tracks, and other program-related specialty partner contracts.
- Develop processes in coordination with MassChallenge team members to ensure effective service delivery and to integrate the larger MC team into program strategy.
- Manage external events and tours hosted by MassChallenge.
MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs from all backgrounds, industries, and regions around the world. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, Texas, and the UK; and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact - driving growth and creating value the world over.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Impact Now: Think big, act big, know that you can change the world.
- Be Genuine: Give trust and earn respect.
- Help Entrepreneurs Win: Startups first in every facet of our business.
- Team Up: Work together, empower your teammates, laugh often.
- Own It: Celebrate wins; embrace failures; this is how we learn together. Be at cause.
Benefits of Working at MassChallenge:
Working at MassChallenge will give you unparalleled, significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, employees:
- Get direct access to the world's highest-impact startups across all industries
- Get direct access to the world's best startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more
- Learn how to optimize the growth of startups across multiple industries
- Take ownership over significant and strategically important projects for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- How to Apply:
In addition to completing the online application and providing your resume, please include a one-page cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you want to work at MassChallenge and why you are a perfect match for this job.
Employment at MassChallenge is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the country that the position is based in, based on applicable laws.Who You Are:
- 3-5 years experience in account management and/or operations.
- You hold a Bachelors degree, this is required for this role.
- Excellent at written and verbal communication skills and possess accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to quickly understand and articulate MassChallenge core values, value proposition, and key messages.
- You have in-depth knowledge of corporate innovation and strategy trends, with the ability to leverage existing relationships.
- A professional, hands-on, resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time. Execution-oriented.
- Confident to think outside the box and suggest growth ideas both big and small to improve how we do things.
- You hold equal enthusiasm for both day-to-day executional tasks and bigger picture projects.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, this is a must!
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- Exemplary skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel, required.