Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people's lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light...
One of the latest development in growth lighting is the application of LED technology. Signify Horticulture defines and delivers solutions which enable the growers globally to increase the productivity with lesser energy costs. Finding the best solution for the grower involves partnership development with multiple partners such as the grower-associations, research centers, and build relationship with specialized financing, business and growers consultancy agencies.
The Signify Horticulture team is a multi-disciplinary and very specialized team of true professionals specialized in the horticulture business. They all share the same passion of creating happy growers through the use of LED lighting.
This role is part of the Horticulture Europe Sales team. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving new business/sales within the Horticulture environment in the Nordics region, so aspiring for this must be in your DNA. You will report to Sales Director in Europe and Region Sales Manager.
In the Nordic region you are working closely with the region sales manager Nordics and are additionally supported to build your knowledge with your colleagues in the Netherlands and Latvia.
Together we can...
Keep the leading position of Signify in horticulture and increase awareness and preference in the area of Vegetables, such as High wired crops and lettuces.
In addition, identify and advise on the best LED lighting recipes for plant growing practices in vegetable and floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, with focus on Finland with possibility of expansion into Norway, Denmark and Western Europe.
You are responsible to support customer's projects in your region and setting up and following new research projects. This includes relationship building with customers and academic networks necessary to achieve business objectives for the region. You will regularly travel to customers/ projects in your region.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
Commercial and application research
- Develop recipes by setting up projects based upon the business development plan for the region, the recipe roadmap, as well as by support on test request of customers.
- Provide customer support during use of light recipe
- Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of e.g. presentations, reports, articles.
- Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
- Support global plant specialists with recipe knowledge
- Build relationships with knowledgeable universities and key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
- Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
- Represent Signify Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
- Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
- Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Signify Horticulture.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
The position provides a unique opportunity for you to push your technical skills in a complex international business environment. You can make an impact on a rapidly developing business. In addition, we offer a competitive package of benefits including a good salary, bonuses, flexible working, holiday allowance, pension scheme, career development opportunities, family-friendly employment policies (and discounts on Philips products).
- In possession of a Bachelor or master graduate (preferably in Horticulture or Biology)
- Having at least 3 years of working experience, preferably in the area of high-wire (tomato/cucumber) or other vegetable greenhouse production, consultancy or research
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Already having knowledge on lighting (not a must, but a plus)
- Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point
- Excellent in Finnish, Swedish (a plus) and English
- Structured in your way of working
- A good communicator, conscientious and pro-active
- An excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way
If you're interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume through the Signify career site.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for recruitment- and business interviews.