Who We Are
We're Amrock, the nation's largest fintech provider of title insurance, valuations and closing services. We're a preferred provider to nine of the top 10 mortgage lenders, delivering innovative solutions to streamline the real estate and mortgage financing experience for lenders, property owners and real estate professionals nationwide. Our headquarters are in Detroit, and our team members span across the U.S., with offices in California, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
What You'll Do/Need
The External Staff Appraiser is responsible for estimating property values by providing appraisals on 1-4 unit residential properties, researching and analyzing property information, reconciling various indicators and preparing appraisal reports.
- Schedule appraisals
- Ensure appraisals are procured, documented and processed in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, USPAP, FIRREA, HVCC requirements and company regulations
- Maintain and improve the company's appraisal quality and production
- Maintain any licenses or state certifications needed
- Review and analyze appraisal reports of outside fee vendors for efficacy of their value conclusions, adherence to technical appraisal theory and methodology governing residential real estate, and adherence to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- Assist the VP of Collateral Risk and Chief Appraiser with ongoing audits
- Certified residential and FHA-approved appraiser
- Five years of direct field experience as a licensed/certified appraiser
- Proficiency with all appraisal types including single family, condominium, multifamily, manufactured home, REO and desk/field reviews
- Knowledge of GSE, FHA guidelines and HVCC
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to integrate appraisal theory along with industry standard practices and techniques to arrive at a recommended approach
- Ability to analyze data, draw sound conclusions and summarize results in a clear and coherent fashion
- Ability to effectively partner with internal and external customers
- Ability to balance priorities and workload in an ever-changing environment
What You'll Get
We're not your typical corporate workplace. At Amrock, we offer a unique, collaborative environment that inspires creativity and encourages teamwork. Our team members make positive client experiences a priority, so we make our team members' workplace experiences a priority. We take pride in making Amrock a diverse, inclusive place to work for those who share our passion for helping make the real estate process faster and easier for everyone.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team.