Facebook is looking for an experienced Corporate Communications Manager for Anglophone West Africa to help lead our proactive and reactive projects across the region. The ideal candidate will be fluent in English (oral and written) and will have extensive experience in corporate and product communications, particularly in handling breaking news and daily issues across multiple countries within the region. A knowledge of local governments and public policy is a plus. The need to be a self-starter and strategic is critical, with the maturity to offer strategic counsel to multiple business leaders and create communications campaigns that bring together strategy, creativity and flawless execution across a number of projects at once. We are looking for a team player who is knowledgable and passionate about Sub-Saharan Africa, proactive and driven in nature, and is comfortable to work independently. This position is full-time, with a preference for candidates already in region.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, ANGLOPHONE WEST AFRICA RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and execute Facebook's Anglophone West Africa region Africa PR strategy, plans, programs and manage budgets based on reputational needs, sales objectives, policy risks and company goals
- Work cross-functionally with policy, product, platform, monetization and other international PR team members to manage media opportunities and broader programs
- Create creative campaigning platforms to proactive address Facebook's brand reputation and product challenges specific to Anglophone West Africa, as well as Sub-Saharan Africa
- Firefight daily company crisis' and issues by effectively managing local and Pan-African media e.g. responding to reporters, drafting statements, correcting inaccuracies
- Identify and pitch 'good news' stories about Facebook to deliver a steady pipeline of proactive coverage in key countries
- Provide comms counsel and support for business leaders
- Prepare briefing materials and manage executive spokespeople during media interviews and at industry events
- Educate press, bloggers, and influencers about Facebook's investments across Africa, relevant products and initiatives, and leaders at the company.
- Undergraduate or equivalent qualification is preferable
- 5+ years professional PR experience, agency and in-house preferred
- Well established Anglophone West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa media relationships
- A team player who has proven abilities to plan and deliver multi-country campaigns by working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders in cross-functional teams
- Strong project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (writing samples in English will be required)
- Fluency in both written and conversational English, and native fluency in at least one indigenous language, such as Yoruba, Hausa, Twi or Krio
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the local Anglophone West African region
- Expertise in managing contractors and agencies
- Interest and ability to travel frequently throughout the region
- Applications must be submitted in English
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Communications Manager, CEE
- Communications Manager, Japan
- Policy Communications Manager, Brazil (Instagram)
São Paulo, Brazil
- Public Policy Manager, Italy
- Public Policy Manager, Singapore
- Public Policy Manager, Vietnam
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.