Abaco Systems is an acknowledged leader in rugged embedded computing, especially in the military/aerospace market. Our products are used in hundreds of mission critical applications, where the performance and reliability we deliver can be a matter of life and death.
We're growing fast: we've added substantially to our organization in roles across the board - and that expansion will continue. We're also growing by acquisition. Our strategy puts our customers front and center of everything we do: their success will drive our success.
If you see yourself being part of a growing organization that's making a real difference in the world, Abaco Systems is for you.
AVIONICS FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER-AMERICAS
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position will be located in the US region.
- Travel will be required ~50%
- Serve as Field Applications Engineer for Abaco Avionics Products covering all US and Canada
- Provides pre and post-sale technical support for the development and implementation of customer applications utilizing MIL-STD 1553, ARINC 429 & ARINC 664/AFDX as well as other avionics interface busses
- Field Applications Engineer role is to work closely with the Avionics Regional Sales team to develop and support new accounts and expand existing accounts
- Promote Abaco Avionics products and solutions through customer calls, road shows, seminars, Trade Shows, white papers and exhibitions.
- May work through all phases of customer interaction including customer analysis, design implementation and product manufacturing including long term support
- Assists sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications.
- Implements detailed customer installation plans and product training.
- Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Contribute to business intelligence - Gather information about market trends and competitive offerings. Provide feedback to marketing on programs and products (be a part of the New Product Introduction process!).
- Able to demonstrate hardware and software functionality on site and remotely
- Capture customer technical requirements and accurately, qualify program opportunities.
- Identify product requirements specific to market needs and provide input to the Product Management Teams for product planning.
- Ensure that Customer (and Supplier) Relationship are well managed.
- Ability to become a "Center of Excellence" for a specific product specialty.
- BSEE or equivalent with 8-10 years specific market knowledge or a Master's degree with a minimum of 2 years
- 5+ Years as Application Engineer or equivalent supporting role
- Have specific knowledge in VxWorks, Linux, Windows and other leading Operating System Software
- Be experienced in Systems Engineering, Hardware & Software Integration
- Have experience of Embedded Solutions for PowerPC and Intel architectures
- MIL-STD-1553 Test and/ or Application Experience
- ARINC 429, ARINC 664/AFDX Test and/ or Application Experience
- C, C++, MFC, C#, Python Object Oriented Development Experience
- Have excellent HW/SW problem solving skills
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge and working relationships with account base and target customers and /or programs
- Experienced presenter and exceptional presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Hands on experience with C4C
At Abaco, we know that our people are our strength. We're a team with a common goal - and we're passionate about what we do, innovative, and open-minded. We're not just given responsibility - we're actively encouraged to make things happen. Oh, and - we have fun. If that sounds like your kind of organization - why not join us?
Abaco Systems prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer.