Assistant Director, Technology Programming
The Harvard Innovation Labs is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across Harvard University. The Harvard innovation labs consists of 3 lab facilities adjacent to each other as follows:
- I-lab which is a “one Harvard” education collaborative open to any Harvard student from any Harvard school with a startup idea at any stage. Every semester, students from all schools can apply to participate in the venture incubation program (VIP), a 12 week integrated program that combines mentoring, workshops and community to help their start up team move their ideas further faster. Post-graduation teams can apply to move into the launch lab to continue working on their startups.
- Launch Lab is a “ONE Harvard” inspired curated co-working space adjacent to the i-lab and Life Lab, designed and resourced to support high potential Harvard Alumni startup ventures who want to continue in the VIP program. This 8,500 square foot co-working space has 140 work stations housing approximately 30 Harvard alumni venture teams which is affordable and flexible offering 8 conference spaces, 6 phone rooms, 2 kitchens and lounge space. The Launch Lab teams can also gain access to the i-lab’s programming, network of faculty, mentors, advisors and investors.
- The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab work benches and 50 co-working spaces, conference rooms and kitchen adjacent to the i-lab and Launch lab is a fully-equipped and permitted laboratory and office space for early-stage companies.
- Initiate activities and programs geared towards fostering a sense of community, with the Harvard Innovation Labs as its center, for student entrepreneurs and innovators pursuing ideas in need of IT sector.
- Develop technology-centric programming to support the teams across the Harvard Innovation Labs ecosystem.
- Put the latest technology at the center of the Harvard Innovation Labs value equation for all constituents by being a compelling, collaborative leader, guide and catalyst.
Primary Responsibilities (Programming and Support)
- Serve as the primary liaison to students, selected faculty, and administrative staff from across Harvard schools working on technology ventures.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of experience leading or growing a technology industry focused startup or in a technology
- Strong understanding of and passion for the latest technologies and technology trends; website development experience a must.
- Strong diplomacy, organizational and communication skills (verbal, written)
- Significant experience leading projects requiring collaboration across teams of diverse people to achieve ‘above and beyond’ results.
- Proven ability to deliver results with minimal oversight (self-starter)
- Excellent local network in the technology space.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, PowerPoint.
- Experience Advising/Mentoring early stage entrepreneurs.
- Experience working with university students.
- The position requires a high level of organization and deadline orientation as well as problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work occasional extra hours, including evenings and weekends, to meet deadlines and oversee and/or attend events.
- Agility, gravitas, and high EQ are valued.
- Solid PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- Services all labs constituents
- Provides support to Centralized Marketing, Programming and Operations and Vertical Product Marketing
- Please send your resume and cover letter to:
- Mariah Cronin, Recruiter - Harvard i-lab
Harvard Innovation Lab
125 Western Ave
Allston, MA 02163