Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world's leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE:IT) delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day. We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
The Area Manager's primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing associates to drive revenue for Gartner. An Area Manager typically manages a team of 6-12 direct reports.This role is responsible for:
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner’s proven recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Ensure that each team member is capable of developing and maintaining C-level relationships
- Provide leadership through the effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Maximize the team’s success through effective leadership and coaching
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team’s professional growth
- External candidate: Minimum 7-15 years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with 3+ years of management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Proven ability to understand enterprise wide issues and to structure innovative, integrated solutions that provide IT decisions support to global organizations in achieving their business goals
- Proven consistent over achievement of sales quotas and financial commitments
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and communication skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales).
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, managing others
- Sales leadership trainings (preferred)
- Bachelors degree, with strong evidence of success in school
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
Job ID 00020452