MassTLC is partnering with Verizon 5G Labs and Ericsson to launch a challenge for universities and startups in the greater Boston area to create the best 5G-enabled robotics technologies that will transform modern industry. Winning teams will receive grant funding to create and build their concept.
The Verizon 5G Robotics Challenge will study advanced robotics around the following themes:
- Industrial Automation: How might we use 5G and Robotics to increase efficiency during the production phase of manufacturing?
- Cobots: how might we use 5G and Robotics to create automated systems for human / robot interaction?
- Warehouse Management: How might we automate processes around warehouse management, distribution, and/or logistics using 5G and Robotics?
- November 9, 2018 – Application period opens
- December 9, 2018 – Application period closes
- December 13-14, 2018 – Applicant Interviews
- January 9, 2019 – Winners Announced
- February 2019 – Kickoff
- April 2019 – Demo Day