Understanding the value of healthcare technologies requires first thinking about the underlying principles of commercial value, the total time and investment required to develop a new product, and exactly who the customer is who will purchase the product.
Who should take this workshop:
- Scientists, engineers, and clinicians interested in biomedical innovation
- Investigators developing device, diagnostic, or therapeutic technologies.
- Technology transfer personnell who work with investigators
What participants will learn:
- Explain the contributing factors affect the value of a biomedical product
- Discuss the specific benefit to the customer
- Explain how value changes over time
About the Instructor: Ajoy Basu, PhD
Ajoy is a technical professional with 20 years of experience in leading teams introduce products in medical device, consumer goods and other industries. He strives to accelerate launch of successful products by leveraging data to optimize the intersection of marketing (requirements), engineering (specifications) and manufacturing (processes). Ajoy has worked at GE, Covidien and other companies prior to starting his consultancy - alpha2infinity. He has a PhD. In materials science from the University of Michigan.