The pressures of running a business while looking for funding causes many founders to underestimate the importance of creating a clear fundraising strategy. You don’t want to waste your (and the investor’s) time raising money without a clear timeline and plan. In this workshop, experienced investors and entrepreneurs will guide you on how to best, prepare, plan and execute a strategy for raising an angel/seed round from angels/VCs, even before you sit down for your first investor coffee meeting.
Created in partnership with WeBos (Women Entrepreneurship Week Boston) This workshop is will also address the specifics of what it means to raise a seed round as a female founder in Boston and provide practical tips and interactive exercises so you can start applying these to the specifics of your company.
Key questions answered will include:
- What does raising a seed round mean and is my company ready?
- How can I best prepare for a seed raise?
- How can I best align running my company and running a fundraising round?
- What’s the process and timeline of raising seed round with angel investors?
- How do I find and understand who the right investors are for my company?
- What should I, as a female founder know about raising a seed round in Boston?
Lunch is provided.
Please note that we are keeping the workshop purposely small to give entrepreneurs the chance to interact with the speakers and get the answers to their questions. Registration doesn't guarantee you a spot. Please register by October 4th. We'll review your information and inform you by October 8th via email as to whether you have been chosen to participate.