Calling all Designers, coders, engineers, hackers, makers, experts, founders and engineers… LET’S HACK!
Together on April 7 & 8, we will build innovative and fast applications that will showcase innovations in health IT and IoT. Over 24 hours, attendees will compete for $10,000 in cash and prizes with access to free workshops, keynote speakers, and innovation sessions.
This event is open to developers, entrepreneurs, marketers, and the “code-curious” as an opportunity to learn and compete!
Grand Prize: $5,000.00
Best Solution for Population Health and Patient Engagement:$1000.00 per team and a CMG Membership per team member (valued at $175)
Best Solution for The Data Around Us: $1000.00 per team and a CMG Membership per team member (valued at $175)
Best UX Pitch for Population Health and Patient Engagement: $100 gift card per team member
Best UX Pitch for The Data Around Us: $100 gift card per team member
Teams are eligible to win both the Grand Prize and the Best Solution for their chosen topic
UX Pitch Competition:
At the end of Saturday (April 7th), there will be a UX Pitch Competition. You will have the chance to show off the UX, wireframe, and solution of your idea for the chance to win $100 per team member. There will be a winner selected in both overall challenge themes.
Population Health and Patient Engagement
Technology has the power to connect patients and doctors, accelerate research, and bring data to life. In this challenge, develop a solution that can improve population health or patient engagement. (e.g. How can AI, IoT devices, and chatbots better serve the healthcare industry? How can we draw new knowledge from electronic health records? How can social networks work to combat opioid addiction?)
The Data Around Us
All around us, connected devices are collecting massive amounts of data. For this challenge, apply AI, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to utilize IoT data to solve a problem you’re passionate about. (e.g. create a fast and secure solution by using cloud computing, blockchain, and/or GPUs)
- 10:00 AM - Doors Open. Join the party at CIC Kendall Square. Grab a snack and a cup of joe!
- 10:30 PM - Opening Ceremony and Presentations
- 11:30 PM - Lunch
- 1:00 PM - Keynote Presentation
- 3:00 PM - Innovation Sessions
- 6:00 PM - Dinner
- 8:30 PM - Day 1 Challenge Pitches
- 10:00 PM - Announcement of Day 1 Results
- 8:00 AM - Up and at ‘em! Join us for Breakfast!
- 10:00 PM - Innovation Sessions and Mentor Meetings
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 1:30 PM - Submission Deadline
- 2:30 PM - Demos Begin
- 4:00 PM - Judges Deliberation
- 4:30 PM - Awards
- 5:00 PM - Event Close
*CIC will be closed overnight from 10:30 PM on Saturday, April 7th until 7:30 AM on Sunday, April 8th.
Each submission will be scored in each round based on the following criteria with a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 25 points, with the final score being the average of the judges’ scores:
- 5 Points - Execution: How well executed is this solution from start to finish?
- 5 Points - Creativity: How creative was the team in developing an innovative solution for the challenge?
- 5 Points - Impact: Did the team create an application that can have a real and valuable impact?
- 5 Points - Design: Was the UX/UI intuitive and appealing?
- 5 Points - Performance and Scalability: How well did your solution perform? Includes execution time, responsiveness, through-put, program correctness, etc. Is your solution scalable without minimal restructure, could it be scaled to a large number of concurrent users
- TEAMS OF UP TO 5 PARTICIPANTS ARE ALLOWED. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT TO COMPETE.
- TEAMS HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP OF EVERYTHING THEY BUILD AT OUR EVENTS AND ARE FREE TO DO WITH IT AS THEY WISH.
- YOU MAY NOT BEGIN YOUR PROJECT UNTIL THE COMPETITION OFFICIALLY BEGINS. PLEASE DON'T COME IN AND BUILD ON TOP OF PREVIOUS PROJECTS IF YOU WANT TO WIN.
- WINNING TEAMS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A CODE-REVIEW AT SOME POINT FOLLOWING THE EVENT OR IMMEDIATELY BEFORE WINNING.