When starting a business in Massachusetts, companies need to be aware of federal and state employment laws, as well as an understanding of employment related immigration and visa programs that businesses must comply with. Businesses that fail to comply with federal and state laws could face significant penalties, as well as complications with respect to immigration status.
Join this webinar to learn about employment issues and basic immigration concerns, such as:
- Wage and hour issues, such as the Massachusetts Equal Pay Act
- Employment best practices for issues such as hiring, paid leave, and reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities
- Employment-related agreements and restrictive covenants, such as confidentiality, intellectual property, and non-competition agreements
- Laws prohibiting discrimination and harassment in the work place
- Business and employment related immigration