Let’s take half an hour to dive deep into email for edtech marketers. We’ll go from a high-level overview (why should I use emails in my marketing and what’s this Mailchimp thing I’ve been hearing about…) to the nitty gritty of a newsletter case study. We'll use Mailchimp as our platform of choice, but the concepts are transferable.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
0. Common platforms for sending and receiving emails and why you should care.
1. A family tree of marketing emails: welcome emails, newsletters, re-engagement campaigns and more. (But not that many more…)
2. Mailchimp newsletter case study: using testing and segmentation to increase open rates.
3. Common problems with email marketing and how to handle them. Clipping, spam filters, and unroll.me, oh my.
4. Email marketing hygiene: from cold emails to unsubscribes, what do you need to know to stay on the right side of the law and the dreaded spam filter.
This session is designed for startup teams who are looking to use email in their marketing strategy and for marketing professionals looking for an update or refresh on email campaigns. Don’t forget to submit your questions on the Eventbrite form to help us shape the session to your needs.