Accelerate is the second event of the MIT $100K Entrepreneurship Competition. As its name suggests, Accelerate helps early-stage teams build out their ideas with the support of industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs.
Starting in Winter 2019, MIT Accelerate will serve to highlight the progress that MIT-founded businesses have made throughout the year. All companies, including those involved in other MIT accelerators, are encouraged to apply for the chance to introduce their business to the broader entrepreneurial community.
- The culminating event will be held on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at the Media Lab
- Approximately 30 teams will be chosen to set up booths in the broader reception area where students, investors, and business professionals will be invited to engage with the companies
- Approximately 10 teams will be chosen to also introduce their business to the audience through an on-stage presentation
- Throughout the event, all attendees will be given a token that can be used to vote for the audience choice award, the winner of which will receive $10,000 in undiluted funding to use at their discretion
- In addition, three teams with the highest number of audience votes will be automatically entered into the semi-finals of the 2019 MIT Launch Competition
In addition to the opportunity to promote their business, participants will receive mentorship and financial support as needed to help develop marketing materials for the event and facilitate further growth:
- Up to $1,000 in funding will be given to each team (as needed)
- Each team can be paired with a graphic designer to help develop professional-level promotional materials (upon request)
- Teams can also be paired with industry-specific professional for broader mentorship and business planning (as needed and given availability)
Teams must have an MIT-affiliated co-founder and must not have received equity funding outside of the founding team or non-equity funding in excess of $150,000. You do not need to have participated in Pitch to apply to Accelerate.
January 13, 2019
For more information and to apply, visit the MIT $100K website.