How can digital companions help augment the care for older adults who have mild cognitive impairment?
How can visually-impaired older adults navigate their surroundings with confidence?
How can older adults get around town on a new kind of mobility scooter that's as practical as a wheelchair and as fun as a segway?
What does it take to make an ideal match between a caregiver and an older adult living at home, and support their ongoing relationship?
How can a personal thermal device ease menopausal hot flashes?
"I've fallen, and I CAN get up!" What new exercise program is changing the perception of fitness for aging from the ground up?
How can a tablet help families and caregivers communicate better and more efficiently for the older adults they care for?
Come watch high growth startups as they pitch their innovative solutions for older adults that ease chronic health conditions associated with social isolation.
- You'll get to vote on the top two startups who will compete at AARP Innovation Lab's Grand Pitch Finale in Washington D.C.
- You'll also network with peers and influencers in the AgeTech ecosystem who are fostering innovation for older adults worldwide.
We look forward to seeing you!
- 5:00 - 5:45 : hors d'oeuvres, bar & refreshments, networking
- 5:45 - 7:15 : executive remarks, startup pitches, judges Q&A, audience votes
- 7:15 - 8:00 : reception, winners announcement
Judges (partial list):
- Judith Iwanski, Manager, Digital Health Aging and Caregiving Initiative at the Massachusetts eHealth Institute (MeHI)
AGENCY Connector Hosts (partial list)
- Natalie Shellito, PhDc, MS, MA, PhD Gerontology Candidate at UMass Boston and Civic Action Project Fellow
- Claire Wickersham, PhDc, MGS, MS, PhD Gerontology Candidate at UMass Boston, and Aging Innovator & Consultant
Produced by: AGENCY
Sponsored by: AARP Innovation Labs